Monday, September 10, 2012

This past weekend..

You know those days when Murphey's Law "If it can happen, It will" seems to hit you hard? Well i do. We'll get to that.

On Friday's my son has swim lessons. I may be biased because he's my son but for 2 years old he swims like a champ! He's only been going to lessons for 3 weeks and they are already testing him to move up a level, which is mind blowing to me because he's already in the 3-4 year old level class. The kid loves the water, period.

Saturday, we went to the biggest water park in the country, Schlitterbahn. I won the tickets and its only an hour drive from our home. If you've never been, put it on your bucket list of things to do! I've been before, but never with two small kids. I knew my son would have a good time, but i was kind of worried about my 7 month old. Shes is always on the move, and having to be held or in the wagon/stroller all day i thought would be miserable for her, in turn making it miserable for me! I was wrong! They have so many family friendly  rides, having a baby never posed a problem! After 5 hours of water park bliss, we headed home!

Sunday was my nephews 10th birthday party. Boy, time flies doesn't it? When i was 16 years old he was 2, and i took him everywhere with me. He went with me and my friends, my boyfriend, no matter what i was doing he was going with! Now i have my own two year old! After the party, we were going to smaller water park which closed at 6.This is where Murphey's Law kicks in.  We left the party at 2:30 so we were kind of cutting it close, but the passes had to be used. Everyone was following us, so we went to my sister-in-law's house so she could follow too. Her truck was out of gas, so we went to the gas station to get her enough so that her truck could make it on its own. By now its already 3:20, and were all getting frustrated. We pull up next to the gas pump, and hear this loud 'POW"..my tire popped. I have never heard a tire actually pop until yesterday. The gas station is only a block or so away from my parents house, so we drive the car there before the tire goes completely flat. Now we have to switch cars, which means moving carseats(pain in the butt!!), putting all of our coolers and gear in the other car and loading everyone back up. We still never got the gas for my SIL's truck, so back to the gas station to get gas, take the gas to her, then BACK up to the gas station so she can fill her tank up. Irritated does not begin to describe everyone's mood right about now! Not only are we irritated, but the kids have been in the car for an hour now and we still have yet to really go anywhere so they're getting antsy too!

We FINALLY make it to the water park at 4:15(they close at 6 remember?), but we had a really good time! There were only a handful of people in the park so there were no lines. They kiddie park was a ghost town, which is always a good thing so you don't have to hover over your child. All in all, we had a wonderful time! It just seems like when we get our family together, its always a production to get anything done! I wouldn't change it though, because it just creates a good story that we can all laugh about later!  This was a good day compared to the recent family vacation we went on, but we wont go there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment