Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Bites



I'm not the biggest fan of cheesecake. I don't like that you get soo much cheese and not enough cake, if you catch my drift. I normally scrap bites off the bottom so i can get mostly graham cracker. Don't judge me!    These Strawberry Cheese bites are the perfect fix! They are also hand held and SUPER easy to make!!  

(sorry for the horrible photography!)

Heres the recipe: 

(1) lb strawberries
(1) 8oz package of cream cheese, softned
4 tbs powdered sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/3 cup of graham cracker crumbs(if you dont have the crumbs, just put some graham crackers in a mini chopper and grind em up! mix in 1tbs melted butter after you've made crumbs)


Wash your strawberries(if you dont always wash your produce, you should. My hubby works in produce daily, Trust me, you should wash it first!)

With a paring knife, cut the top of the strawberry off and take out the middle.
I use the white circle in the middle as a guide on where to cut






Now time for the filling and topping. 

Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer. Make sure your cream cheese is softened(room temp), its much easier to mix this way. 


This is where you'll need to make your graham cracker crumbs if you didn't buy them pre-made. 

Put your cream cheese filling into a ziploc sandwich bag and cut off the corner so you can use it like a piping bag.
Fill em up!!


 Dip them in the graham cracker crumbs!


Enjoy!! Excuse my storage method, i didnt have anything else and my kids were starting to cry..i put them in the first thing i could find. 



1 comment: